|Industry Sector||Hedge Fund|
|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||September 5, 2017|
Operational Due Diligence
VAC – 17660: Hedge Fund Operational Due Diligence Analyst
A large and highly professional investment management firm are currently looking to add to their Operational Due Diligence team. This exciting opportunity could suit coming from a middle office, fund accounting and/or audit background and at this point be keen in securing a fresh career challenge.
The successful person will be required to undertake a detailed analysis on a specified range of investments for the purpose of ensuring that existing third-party investments continue to remain within the appropriate parameters defined at investment. Along with supporting the identification and validation of potential investment opportunities through a rigorous process of operational, administrative and/or legal due diligence. One will have exposure across both hedge funds and private equity businesses.
Detailed responsibilities include:
• Assist with the preparation of invested manager reviews
• Assist with the preparation of potential manager reviews
• Assist with the subscription and redemption process of invested funds
• Manage the quarterly investment exposure report
• Manage the quarterly hedge fund risk report for the Global Audit and Risk Committee
• Review and approve the management quarterly liquidity reporting pack prepared by the Operations team
• Review and summarise update notices on invested Funds, prepared by the external Operations team
• Manage the on-going Audited Financial Statement review process
• Participate in thematic reviews relating to industry developments
• Provide general business support, as needed
Other attributes or qualifications
• Direct experience of specific investment sector (s), ideally directly from the Hedge Fund industry;
• Knowledge of and some previous experience in due diligence, investment operations, document review, risk management or audit.
• Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and a strong presentational style
• Be fully conversant with MS Office, including PowerPoint, and ideally other equivalent software packages
• Degree level education or equivalent relevant experience
• Appropriate professional industry qualification would be an advantage
• Professional with a positive outlook and “can do” attitude
• Ability to learn quickly and take ownership of tasks
• Contribute to the development and improvement of processes
• A demonstrable ability to prioritise, multi-task and work to tight deadlines
The role holder will be required to quickly and pro-actively build effective working relationships with other team members, other teams and the key third party service providers. They will be expected to demonstrate having a team player attitude to willingly undertake a wide range of activities and responsibilities as required by the role.