|Industry Sector||Hedge Fund|
|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||September 5, 2017|
Operations / Middle Office
VAC – 17648: Hedge Fund Operations Analyst
A very successful Investment Management firm who have a number of different offerings across the industry are looking to add an operations professional to their team in London. This person will assume a hands on role and work within a small close knit team. The ideal candidate should have some transferable experience from day one.
The business employs some of the most talented traders, developers and engineers in the market, executing a diverse range of strategies across global equity and derivatives markets. It is the most active participant in a number of the products it trades, contributing significant liquidity to many European markets. The company’s culture is collaborative, informal and highly rewarding of strong performance. Their head office currently based in London and has recently opened an office in Hong Kong which will become a hub for their trading operations in Asia.
Our client is seeking an Operations Analyst to join the middle office team of their expanding hedge fund. This is a full-time permanent role based in London.
• Trade, cash & position reconciliation with prime brokers and administrator.
• Daily communication with prime brokers regarding cash movements, margining, trade bookings & corporate action processing.
• Work closely with traders, developers, I.T and compliance to ensure the operations function runs smoothly and efficiently.
• P&L analysis, valuations, pricing.
• Involved in the Monthly NAV process and reconciling with the Administrator.
• A number of years’ experience in a Hedge Fund Operations, Middle Office or Trade Support Function.
• Experience using Microsoft Excel & VBA
• Bachelor Degree with a minimum 2.1 grade or equivalent
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Sound knowledge of financial markets & trade life cycles
• High attention to detail and ability to think outside the box.
• Direct exposure to Global Equities and FX in particular.
• Sound knowledge of standard procedures for the settlement of securities transactions across global markets