VAC – 17618 Software Developer – Leading Investment Manager
West End, London
A highly successful Investment Manager is looking to add a Software Developer to their Technology team. The successful applicant will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks within their Technology area, with the opportunity allowing the person to take on ownership, along with offering plenty of development potential develop in this very dynamic organisation. It would suit someone who possesses excellent communication skills and who is keen to grow within an expanding business.
The successful candidate will work as part of a larger Technology team developing and supporting the firm’s proprietary distributed system, covering: Signal Generation, Portfolio Management, Risk, Trading and Reporting. This opportunity could potentially suit someone who has completed a graduate programme on the Investment Banking side and who now wants to move into more a commercial focused role on the buyside.
Some of the key responsibilities will include:
• Take ownership of existing systems and processes, including pricing and static data processes.
• Take ownership of existing business reports and create new reports as required.
• Build and maintain post-trade feeds.
• Review business workflows and liaise with Operations and Technology teams.
• Capture requirements and specify and develop new business functionalities.
Skill & requirements:
• Top academics from a leading University are a must
• Financial tech experience (Investment Bank / Hedge Fund / Asset Management)
• Advanced Java knowledge
• Self-motivated and driven individual
• Well organised with a keen eye for attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to present within the firm
• Comfortable with taking responsibility and accountability
• Numerate and analytical
• Portfolio Management Software experience is a plus.